This access statement does not contain personal opinions as to our suitability for those with access needs, but aims to accurately describe the facilities and services that we offer all our guests/visitors.
The accessibility statement for At Caledonia:
Welcome to Caledonia
Tourism is for everybody; we want to make our guests’ stay as enjoyable as possible and we are committed to providing suitable access for our guests whatever their individual needs. We aim to accurately describe our facilities and services to give you the confidence to book your accommodation for your specific requirement.
At Caledonia is a guesthouse located in Douglas Bay with an in-house Chinese Restaurant. It is the perfect place to stay whether you are visiting for business or leisure. We are a 20 minute walk to Douglas town centre. The guesthouse is on the Queens promenade, flat pavement, no hills or inclines. The front of the property has 7 steps to the main entrance. Unfortunately we do not have rump. We have 20 bedrooms, which are situated on the 1st to 4th floors. We have a small lift to access all the floors, which can accommodate two to three people. The lift is not large enough to accommodate a wheelchair.
For breakfast we cater for varying dietary requirements provided we are given one days notice.
We look forward to welcoming you. If you have any queries or require any assistance please phone 01624624569 or email email@example.com.
- For full details and maps of how to reach us please see the map on our website. Alternatively, you can plan your journey by car or public transport using a journey planning website; simply enter the airport or ferry terminal postcode and ours, which is IM2 4NE to get directions.
- The nearest ferry terminal is in Douglas, which is less than a 5 minute drive away from At Caledonia. The nearest airport is Ronaldsway in Castletown, which is a 20 minute drive away from us. Taxis and buses are available at the airport. If you require an accessible taxi this can be booked in advance, please let us know when you making your booking if this will be required and we will book the taxi for you.
- Please let us know your arrival time and we will arrange for someone to be present to help with your luggage.
- The pavement on the street leading to us is paved.
Car Parking and Arrival
- There is free public parking along the promenade on which the property is situated. There are usually spaces available within at least 5 minutes walking distance to us. There is street lighting.
- The front door is approximately 1000mm wide.
- Assistance can be given with luggage.
- Unfortunately our lift is not large enough to accommodate a wheelchair as it is was built during the Victorian times and is therefore smaller than modern lifts (however it can accommodate 2 – 3 people).
- Guests are welcomed in the hallway, which is level throughout, where they are asked to register.
- Seating is available in the dining area if guests arrive before their room is available. This consists of single and double setters, which accommodate 6 people.
- The flooring is tiled in the hallway and carpeted in the dining room.
- The area is well lit with overhead lighting and wall lights.
- There are 20 bedrooms situated on the 1st to 4th floors, accessible by stairs and the lift mentioned above.
- The door to the bedrooms are approximately 750mm wide.
- Rooms are bright and evenly lit with bedside lamps/lighting in each room.
- The bed height varies between rooms but is approximately 500mm.
Bathrooms, Shower-rooms & Toilets
- All rooms have en-suite bathrooms.
- The door opening to the bathroom varies between rooms but is approximately 750mm.
- A small step of 100mm is required for the showers.
- The toilet height is approximately 400mm.
- The washbasin height is approximately 850mm.
- The bathrooms are well lit with overhead lights.
- There are no horizontal grab rails either side of the toilet.
Public Areas – Halls, Stairs, Landings, Corridors
- All public areas, halls, stairs, landing, are well lit using a combination of ceiling and wall lights.
- The stairs, hall and landing on the ground floor is tiled, and is carpeted on all other floors.
- There is a continuous handrail along all stairs.
There are two public toilets located on the first floor, with one sink, opposite the toilets.
- The toilet door is approximately 750mm wide.
- There is level entry.
- The toilet height is approximately 400mm.
- There are no rails in the toilets.
- The toilets are well lit with a single fluorescent overhead light.
Dining and breakfast room
- The dining room is situated on the ground floor with step free/level entry from the front door and stairs.
- The door opening to the dining room is circa 1300mm wide and it is level throughout.
- The dining room is well lit with a combination of overhead and wall lighting.
- The flooring is carpet.
- We are able to cater for varying dietary requirements. Please advise us when making a booking.
- Full breakfast is served in the dining room in the morning, but you can help yourself to juice, cereal and fruits.
- The dining room is used for the Chinese Restaurant, Imperial Dragon, in the evening.
- We have a set of evacuation procedures – should you require someone would come to your room and assist you with evacuation.
- We welcome trained assistance dogs. A water bowl for dogs can be supplied to bedrooms when necessary.
- We have tried to ensure each doorframe contrasts in colour with the surrounding wall.
- The nearest General Hospital with an A&E unit is Nobles Hospital, which is circa 3.5 miles away from the hotel. Please let us know if you require further information about these.
- Free WiFi Internet access is available.
- We are planning a review of our website later this year to make it more accessible, your comments are welcome to assist us with this project.
|Address (Inc postcode):||At Caledonia 17 Queen’s Promenade Palace Terrace Douglas Isle of Man IM2 4NE|
|Hours Of Operation:||7am – 6pm (telephone call is available at times outside this period)|
|Local Accessible Taxi:||Telecabs 01624629191|
|Local Public Transport:||Isle of Man Douglas of Man Bus Service (Main Bus stop is 50meter away from the guesthouse).|